Sunday, November 1, 2009

Alabama Learning Exchange


ALEX is a great resource for teachers, students, and parents. On this site you can find many great resources and links to help with education. One of the most helpful links on this site is the lesson plans section. You can choose any subject and any grade and be given a lesson plan for that subject. Also, on the ALEX site you can acces the Alabama Course of Study, the course of study helps teachers make sure they are teaching the skills needed for that grade level. Along with the ALCOS and the lesson plans, ALEX also offers a personal workspace, weblinks, podcast treasury, and professional learning.

After searching this website I feel that this would be a very helpful tool for me when I become a teacher. I could get on this site and search for ideas for my lesson plans and also find the professional development programs. Also, it would be very helpful for me to choose from some of the podcasts listed on the site to teach my class or even have my students access them on the site themselves.

I really like that this webiste is easy to navigate and will be easy for students to use. I find that this is a great tool for students looking to do research for school. Students can get information on almost any subject on the ALEX site. Overall, this site benefits everyone from teachers to students. I am glad I now know about this resource and I will enjoy using this when I become a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment