Friday, November 13, 2009

At The Teachers Desk-Professional Blogs



Today I examined the professional blog At The Teachers Desk. I explored the many gadgets on this page such as the live traffic feed, the world wide visitors, and the labels section. This professional blog is laid out very well and is easy to navigate.

In addition to just looking at the blog I also read a few of the posts. One of which was the post titled "How Do I know Im Not Just Being Selfish." This post caught my attention because he stated that he finds himself more interested in helping other schools incorporate technology than he does with his own classmates. Also, he asks why are we pushing technology so hard? This is a good question because the more I go through school the more I am seeing and learning why technology is being pushed. Technology is being pushed because technology is up and coming and our students will be required to know how to use it once they graduate. I also read the post about his skype call with the ESOL students along with many other posts. I really enjoyed reading the posts and learned a lot from what he wrote.

After looking over this blog I now see the importance of a professional blog. A blog allows you to post your thoughts, feelings, and experience for everyone to see. I feel that experience is something that should be available for everyone, especially new teachers. By posting it you are helping your future co-workers. I will definately look to some professional blogs for ideas when I start my teaching career. Also, a professional blog is a great way for you (the person writing the posts) to get feedback likely from other teachers. It is always good to get a second opinion on a thought or idea that you have. This feedback may help you to better your idea or to come up with even more. We can all learn a lot from each other even if we have never met. By having a professional blog you are opening up many doors for yourself and many others.

1 comment: